Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Beginning of a Most Excellent Adventure!

     In October 2009, my search on ancestry.com had revealed little information about Elizabeth Crook Panting Wilkes Cranney, my great grandmother. There was information on her son and her daughter.  Feeling sad about the neglect, I posted that I had her stories if anyone was interested. 

     A month later, I received an email from T. C. Christensen, requesting the stories.   Elizabeth was an amazingly strong woman, full of faith, who suffered many trials on her journey here.  Through all of them, she was an example to her posterity.  Because I have traveled and lived in several foreign lands, I have always felt a special closeness to her.  This is not unusual.  I think many of her descendents do.   

     After realizing who T. C. is (I never paid attention to the director of movies until after this experience), I sent him the stories I had.  They were stories of the miracles that occurred which saved Elizabeth, Jane and Chris on the difficult journey to Zion.  When I found out T. C. was going to use the stories and that he often used family members, I emailed a request to participate.  He and Ron Tanner, who managed the extras, were gracious enough to allow me to come.  Thank you, T. C. and Ron!


 

2 comments:

  1. I always wondered how T.C. knew to contact you. I'm so glad some one was interested in Elizabeth's stories. I can't wait to see this movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that T.C. contacted you and made a movie about many of Elizabeth's experiences. I cried just watching the trailer so I know it's going to be a very touching movie. I also know this movie will give me a greater appreciation of what our ancestors have done for us and the sacrifices they have made for the gospel of Jesus Christ.

    ReplyDelete